Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Veggies are taking over




The vegetables are coming in like crazy now. Tomatoes, cukes, peppers, and green beans. We have too many to eat fresh, so I am going to preserve some peppers by drying and pickling. I will freeze the green beans in meal size portions. We are eating lots of tomatoes and cucumbers and giving away what we can't eat fresh. I guess when the tomatoes start producing all at once, I will can some for later. I am NOT making pickles this year....nobody eats them. I love making them and smelling them, but I don't like eating them and no one else does either. Soooo unless I find a recipe that the family loves, I won't be making them any time soon.




We are still waiting for the cantaloupe to ripen. They are looking good so far. I think we will have a bumper crop in a few weeks.




I planted just a few yellow squash this year, because last year we had way too many at one time. So I am spacing out my plantings and it seems to be working. I have enough for a meal or 2 , but not so many that I waste them.

No comments: