Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Smokin Hot Crockpot

This week my crockpot is smokin! Sunday evening I came home from visiting my friend Jan in Birmingham for the weekend. Because I hadn't cooked over the weekend, I realized I didn't have anything for my lunch the next day at work. I was going to have to go out into the unbearable heat and find something to eat. Oh, woe was me! Didn't have anything planned for supper Monday night either. Monday morning I put some red beans in the crockpot, sauteed some onions and ham pieces and threw them in too. They cooked all day. On the way home from work, I went to Winn Dixie and bought a whole chicken and some ground meat. The beans turned out great and I had some left over for lunch today. This morning I put the whole chicken in the crockpot and tonight I am going to debone it and make chicken salad for sandwiches the rest of the week. The chicken cost about $5.00 so Dan and Danny and I are having lunch all week on five bucks! Sure beats eating out everyday. Not sure what else I'll use my trusty ole crockpot for next, but I am sure I will be using it more these days.

No comments: