Saturday, January 31, 2009

Meyer Lemons






Our 4 year old Meyer Lemon tree was dripping with lemons this year. We have been harvesting them since late November. We just picked the last of them a few days ago and I have been searching for recipes to use them all. Last year we squeezed all the juice and froze it in ice trays to use during the year. We still have some juice left. I guess I don't use lemon juice as much as I should.


I found a great recipe for Lemon Bread with Lemon Curd. There are only 4 ingredients for the curd and it can make it in the microwave! "really easy" Here is the link to the page http://www.breadmachinemagic.com/bmme12.html
I haven't figured out to put a link in with just a word like "click here"



My granddaughter Catherine and I zested and juiced many lemons yesterday and made this delicious bread and curd. She didn't care much for the curd, but I thought it was scrumptious.


My husband likes the bread, but he hasn't tried the curd. We made enough curd to freeze about 5 mason jars full. The curd would be good for other things also. I thought about sealing the jars in a hot water bath, since I don't have a canner, but everything I read about canning curd indicated that I should use bottled lemon juice because of the standardized acid content. Because I didn't want to take a chance I decided to freeze it.

No comments: