Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween Decorations





I spent Monday and Tuesday evening blowing off and mopping the front porch because it hadn't been done since the hurricane and it REALLY needed it. Of course Yankee & June Bug(our 2 big dogs) and Wendy and Little Joe (our 2 cats) could have contributed some of the mess. Seems they really like to muddy up the place and make it more homey. I don't know how others with big front porches keep them so clean! Any tips greatly appreciated :)

Saturday we picked up some bales of hay and Sunday I finally got around to getting some Halloween decorations on the front porch. Though probably no one will see them but me and Dan, I still enjoy celebrating the season.


When I was a child this was one of my favorite holidays. My siblings and I would go house to house in our neighborhood with our paper sacks singing"Trick or Treat". We never dreamed of tricking anyone or, God forbid, someone purposefully altering our treats. Times sure have changed, sometimes for the worse.





I really like this witch made from a gourd. Isn't she cute. Maybe I can make some like her if I can get some gourds to grow next summer.

No comments: